Electric shock when I touch the fan

Why do I get electric shock when I touch my fan? It is a stand type fan and started since I have cleaned it up last week. Please help me out with this.

@iamSaleem hello, Assuming your fan body is metallic, this issue can be due to touching a live wire with the fan body.
First, unplug the fan from the mains supply. Since this has been started after you cleaned it up, better trace the wire paths and locate where the fault is. Use insulating tapes if you notice any open conducting parts touching the metallic body. Use an electric tester to verify whether the fault has been rectified. Be careful and do it at your own risk.